The Importer’s Shipping & Returns Policy
Most products will be shipped Australia wide, there are some exceptions namely larger pieces of furniture and remote postcodes.
At The Importer customer satisfaction forms the cornerstone of our mission.
Unless it is clearly stated that the product can be left unattended at the delivery address (i.e under the verandah, on the porch etc) all deliveries require someone to be present to sign and accept the goods. Either The Importer delivery service or a third party courier will make direct contact with the customer to schedule a suitable day and time for delivery. If no-one is available at the designated time, delivery will be returned and another delivery fee may be charged for subsequent deliveries.
We will replace the goods or make full refund, if:
- The goods are faulty or damaged
- The goods don’t match the description
- The goods are not fit for the intended purpose
The Importer is not liable for any loss and/or damages during delivery
Please be aware that if a product is to be returned, the buyer is responsible for paying for the return shipment.
*Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to know more about our shipping and returns policy.
Understanding Returns Policies:
Important information for buyers: your legal right to return goods
As an Australian consumer, you have a legal right to return goods purchased from a business and to obtain a repair, replacement or refund if, the goods:
- Are faulty or develop a fault within a reasonable period of time after purchase
- Are not fit for their purpose any purpose you stated or that the buyer made known to you (i.e. they don’t do what the seller said they would do)
- Don’t match the seller’s description or sample
- Are of unacceptable quality, or
- Fail to meet other mandatory consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law.
Where goods fall into one of the above categories the buyer is entitled to:
- A replacement or refund for a major failure, and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage or
- A replacement or repair if the goods otherwise fail to be of acceptable quality.
To exercise these rights, the buyer should contact the Seller and may be required to return the goods and to provide proof of purchase.
Please note: The buyer must not have caused or contributed to the failure of the goods, for example, by damaging or misusing the goods.
More information is available by contacting the ACCC Infocentre on 1300 302 502 or on the ACCC site.